On today’s episode of Tasting at The Murder Table, we’re headed back to Liquor.com’s 24 Cocktails You Should Know How To Make list. This time around, we’re making a Sidecar.
Here’s the link to the Liquor.com webpage for this drink:
And here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 ounces cognac
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: orange twist
- Garnish: sugar rim (optional)
- Coat the rim of a coupe glass with sugar, if desired, and set aside.
- Add the cognac, orange liqueur and lemon juice to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
To make things a little interesting, we decided to try this cocktail with two different orange liqueurs. One was made with Cointreau and the other was made with Grand Marnier. And if all that weren’t enough, we get to try them using our custom “It’s Just The Booze Dancing” Old Fashioned glasses from www.groovyguygifts.com .
To find out what we thought of both cocktails and the fancy custom glassware, click the play button on the following video:
If you like what you saw and heard, please subscribe to our blog and YouTube Channel. It’s the easiest and BEST way to find out what we’ll be tasting next!