Robert Cassell, one of the founders of Philadelphia Distilling and New Liberty Distillery is at it again! And by “at it again”, we mean that he has recently launched a series of ready-to-drink (or RTD for short) canned cocktails through his New Liberty Distillery under the brand name of American Liquor Company, or ALCO for short.
Here’s some more information about this new line of RTD canned cocktails:
Whether it’s by the beach or an impromptu happy hour, ALCO Canned Cocktails are ready to be enjoyed when the moment strikes – no mixing required! Enjoyed straight from the can, over ice, or in a cocktail glass with a simple garnish, these ready-to-drink canned cocktails are scratch-made with real ingredients and locally-made craft spirits.
- Sparkling Vodka Lemonade: bursting with bubbles and real lemon juice, this zingy and zesty canned cocktail is bright and refreshing and perfect for stoop hangs and summers down the shore (8% ABV)
- Gin & Tonic: a mix of Pittsburgh’s craft-made Red Ribbon Tonic Water with scratch-made gin. This ready-to-drink version of the classic cocktail boasts tiny bubbles made from pinpoint carbonation and is both flavorful and perfectly balanced (8% ABV)
- Margarita: made with three simple and real ingredients – tequila, triple sec, and lime juice, this transportable take on everyone’s favorite tart and tangy cocktail is perfect for beach hangs or your favorite Mexican BYO (8% ABV)
- Vodka Soda: boasting big bubbles and just two ingredients, imbibers will enjoy this high-quality crisp and refreshing alternative to the many flavored clear malt-based beverages out there (8% ABV)
- Orange Crush: an East Coast shore classic hailing from Maryland, Orange Crush tastes like summer tan lines in a can. A mimosa alternative, this canned cocktail can go anywhere, literally, and is best transported by beach cruiser (8% ABV)
Sadly, we didn’t get to try the Orange Crush (maybe it wasn’t available?), but we did get to try the other four during a recent research session at everybody’s favorite watering hole, The Murder Table. To find out what we thought of the first four cocktails listed above, click the play button on the following video:
If you like what you saw and heard, please subscribe to our blog and YouTube Channel. It’s the easiest and BEST way to find out what we’ll be tasting next!