A short while ago, the fine folks at Liquor.com published a list of 24 Cocktails that everyone should know how to make. We decided to tackle a few and report our findings to you, our dear dear followers.
The first Cocktail that we decided to try is the classic Sazerac, which is the official Cocktail of New Orleans. To read more about this Cocktail, click the following link to the Liquor.com website:
Here’s the recipe:
- Absinthe, to rinse
- 1 sugar cube
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 1/4 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 1/4 ounces cognac
- Garnish: lemon peel
1. Rinse a chilled rocks glass with absinthe, discarding any excess, and set aside.
2. In a mixing glass, muddle the sugar cube, water and the Peychaud’s and Angostura bitters.
3. Add the rye and cognac, fill the mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled.
4. Strain into the prepared glass.
5. Twist the lemon peel over the drink’s surface to express the peel’s oils, then garnish with the peel.
To find out what we thought of this classic Cocktail, click the play button on the following video:
If you like what you saw and heard, please subscribe to our blog and YouTube Channel. It’s the easiest and BEST way to find out what we’ll be tasting next!