Way back on 11/13/2020, we had the good fortune of hosting a LIVE Paul John Whisky tasting with their Brand Ambassador, Koray Kaan Ozdemir (he’s also a whisky blogger at https://www.whiskymonster.com/), where we sampled the following four Paul John expressions:
- Oloroso Select Cask
- Pedro Ximenez Select Cask
- Christmas Edition 2019
- Christmas Edition 2020
- While all four whiskies were quite delicious, since this is the holiday season, we thought we would revisit the Paul John Christmas Edition 2020 to see how it holds up, i.e. find out if we like it as much the second time around.
Here are a few words about this whisky taken from the Paul John website:
From the sunny shores of Goa along India’s western coast, hails Paul John Christmas Edition 2020. Deep hues of gold and delicate aromas of orange peel and honeycomb enhanced with sweet oak and delicious plum cake awaken the palate. Created from an exclusive blend of single malts from virgin oak, ex-bourbon and Oloroso casks, this exotic limited release proffers deep flavours of creamy dark chocolate tinged with gentle barley and soft spices, culminating in a rich, long lightly peated and memorable finish.
- Virgin Oak, Ex-Bourbon and Oloroso with a hint of Peat
- Blend of single malts include unpeated from ex-bourbon casks
- Unpeated from ex-oloroso casks,Unpeated from virgin oak casks and peated from ex-bourbon casks
Mmm mmm mmm! That sounds mighty delicious, and it most definitely was on the first go-around. To find out if we enjoyed this whisky on the second go-around, click the play button on the following video:
If you like what you saw and heard, please subscribe to our blog and YouTube Channel. It’s the easiest and BEST way to find out what we’ll be tasting next!