Please rate and review the show on your favorite Podcast platform, and if you have any questions or comments, message us here, or send us an email at email@example.com.
Episode 10 of What We Watch When Drink finds The UnHoly Triumvirate of podcasters with a special guest: Greg Swartz, director of the newly released whisky documentary, The Water of Life – A Whisky Film. Greg joins the gang to give an update on all things with the movie as well as talking TV.
And drinking whisky.
And towards the end, things get a little cerebral… they had to look up what that meant… when the discussion turns to what makes a TV show memorable. Hope MENSA takes a listen!
- 01:25 Greg Swartz
- 03:05 Bruichladdich Classic, SMWS Battle Axe, Paul John Oloroso Select, The Sovereign: Caol Ila
- 04:25 The Water of Life – A Whisky Film
- 15:30 Lupin, The Pembrokeshire Murders, Firefly Lane, WandaVision
- 21:32 The Studio System and Casting Directors
- 23:10 Your Honor, Love and Anarchy, Judas and the Black Messiah, Nomadland, Queen & Slim
- 30:05 Palm Springs, Caliphate
- 32:10 Fast Times at Ridgmont High
- 33:18 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- 35:23 Benromach Batch 1 CS, Bowmore 18, Glendronach 2007 NYC Cask, Benriach 12 Three Cask
- 37:10 The Knick
- 40:50 Men in Kilts, The Trip, Frankie Boyle’s Tour of Scotland, Painting With John
- 47:38 Losing Alice, Rita, Banshee, Trapped
- 49:54 Redbreast 12, Octomore 11.3, Port Askaig 8
- 52:30 Why does a show stay with us?
- 53:05 The Partridge Family, The Brady Bunch
- 55:00 WKRP in Cincinnati
- 1:00:00 The Wire
- 1:05:35 The Sopranos
- 1:14:00 Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul
- 1:18:40 Backstories, Lost, Non-linear Storytelling
- 1:21:00 Remains of the Day, Shine
- 1:23:00 Spycraft