If you want life to slow down a bit, you need to take a break from your usual routine and try something new. This applies to all aspects of life, i.e. work, home, hobbies, vacations, etc..
For five out of the past six years, we have spent our week long summer vacation in Ocean City, NJ. We always have a great time, and the kids love every minute of it, but since we’ve been there so many times, and since we are so familiar with the area, those seven days now feel like just three or four.
Rather than doing the same old same old this summer, Mrs. G-LO and I decided to change things up. This year’s week long vacation was spent in a place called Camp Ellis, a small seaside community just outside of Saco, Maine. This would be our third trip to Maine, but our first with the boys.
Since “a picture is worth a thousand words“, I thought it would be easier to give you a visual presentation of what we did all week. Here goes…
Explored Camp Ellis
Ate lots of lobster!
Bought Some Hard To Find Beers From New England. Like You Didn’t See That Coming!
- Allagash Brewing Company: Fluxus 2011 and Victoria Ale
- Smuttynose Brewing Company: Homunculus and Farmhouse Ale
- White Birch Brewing Tavern Ale
- Rock Art Brewery: Jasmin Pale Ale and American-Belgo IPA
- Penobscot Bay Brewery Half Moon Stout
- Rising Tide Brewing Company: Daymark American Pale Ale, Ishmael American Copper Ale, and Ursa Minor Weizen Stout
- Maine Beer Company: Peeper Pale Ale and Lunch IPA
Went On A Sunset Sail In Portland Harbor
Found Many Great Places To Eat!
I hope you enjoyed this photo tour of our Summer Vacation! If you’ve been to any of the same places, free to tell us about your experiences in the comments below.
Here is a complete list of links in case you plan on following in our footsteps:
- Camp Ellis, Maine
- Mainely Grillin’ & Chillin’ BBQ Festival and Woodsman Competition
- Vic & Whit’s
- Downeast Beverage Company
- Allagash Brewing Company
- Penobscot Bay Brewery
- Rising Tide Brewing Company
- Maine Beer Company
- Portland Schooner Company
- When Pigs Fly Pizzeria
- Huot’s Seafood Restaurant
- Maine Diner
- Garside’s Ice Cream
Categories: Booze Banter