The Sam Adams Chocolate Bock was a part of the sampler pack that I was given as an extra Christmas present from my father-in-law. I was intrigued by the name but ultimately disappointed by the flavor. The nose was sweet and full of the roasted malt aroma. The pour was a deep black like a thin Hershey’s syrup and indicated very little carbonation and accompanied an almost too watery mouth feel. The taste was very malty and a little bit sweet with a slightly bitter, hoppy finish. The Beer Advocate gave it a B but I would give this beer a C+ and would suggest that it would probably be better out of the tap than out of the bottle.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Dragon's Milk Harnesses Its Heritage Of Storytelling With "Share A Legend" Contest
- Airtab® Announces Partnership with doTERRA® Diamond Leaders "The Essential Mixologist" and CEO of Coastal Essential Oils
- Shiner Light Blonde Goes Back On The Road With Rising Country Star Morgan Wallen For IF I KNOW ME TOUR
- Brush Creek Ranch Announces The Farm At Brush Creek, A Seed-To-Table Concept Providing Guests An Immersive Culinary Experience
- Anavo Technologies Announces $3.6 Million Investment by Blue Hill Group
- Worldwide Celebrations Mark Ninth Annual #ChampagneDay
- Whiskey Review – Tincup American Whiskey
- An All-IPA BrewChat with Dick Cantwell, Author of Brewing Eclectic IPA
- The Original Gold Bar Premium Blend, a Shiny Pretty Packaging Whisky Review
- Revisiting Yellowstone National Park While Reviewing Yellowstone 2017 Limited Edition Bourbon
- Booze Review – Papa’s Pilar Platinum Blonde