The Sam Adams Chocolate Bock was a part of the sampler pack that I was given as an extra Christmas present from my father-in-law. I was intrigued by the name but ultimately disappointed by the flavor. The nose was sweet and full of the roasted malt aroma. The pour was a deep black like a thin Hershey’s syrup and indicated very little carbonation and accompanied an almost too watery mouth feel. The taste was very malty and a little bit sweet with a slightly bitter, hoppy finish. The Beer Advocate gave it a B but I would give this beer a C+ and would suggest that it would probably be better out of the tap than out of the bottle.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Blue Marble Cocktails Embraces, Encourages Earth Day Action
- Bacardi Named One of the World's Most Reputable Companies for Sixth Year in a Row
- The Winebow Group and Negociants USA Join Forces Creating an Unparalleled National Import Division of Australian, New Zealand, and South African Wines
- THE Rosé Competition 2018 Awards Napa's Sill Family Vineyards GOLD Medal
- Pernod Ricard USA & LOLIWARE Create Sustainable Cocktails With The Straw Of The Future
- Imagination TV Inc. Announces Tickets are On-Sale for the First Ever "Music Bash at Taste of Cincinnati™", Sunday, May 27, 2018