The Sam Adams Chocolate Bock was a part of the sampler pack that I was given as an extra Christmas present from my father-in-law. I was intrigued by the name but ultimately disappointed by the flavor. The nose was sweet and full of the roasted malt aroma. The pour was a deep black like a thin Hershey’s syrup and indicated very little carbonation and accompanied an almost too watery mouth feel. The taste was very malty and a little bit sweet with a slightly bitter, hoppy finish. The Beer Advocate gave it a B but I would give this beer a C+ and would suggest that it would probably be better out of the tap than out of the bottle.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- The Global Alcoholic beverages market is accounted for $1324.1 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $1864.2 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period
- Morro Bay Plans a Progressive Food and Wine Event to Celebrate First Responders
- Santa Margherita Announces National Summer Experiential Tour
- Chelsea Tavern Plays Host to Downtown Wilmington's Beloved Brewfest
- Combat Injured Warriors and Fallen Hero Families Descend over SW Ohio by Parachute to Kick-off Warrior Weekend
- American supermarkets win awards for their wines in international competition