The Sam Adams Chocolate Bock was a part of the sampler pack that I was given as an extra Christmas present from my father-in-law. I was intrigued by the name but ultimately disappointed by the flavor. The nose was sweet and full of the roasted malt aroma. The pour was a deep black like a thin Hershey’s syrup and indicated very little carbonation and accompanied an almost too watery mouth feel. The taste was very malty and a little bit sweet with a slightly bitter, hoppy finish. The Beer Advocate gave it a B but I would give this beer a C+ and would suggest that it would probably be better out of the tap than out of the bottle.
Join 2,533 other followers
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at email@example.com!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Revanche Cognac Review
- Ole Smoky Amaretto Whiskey Review + The Godfather Cocktail
- A Potluck Happy Hour w/ André Darlington, Author of Bar Menu
- Knob Creek 9 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye Distiller’s Edition Review
- Aberlour A’bunadh Alba Batch #5 Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Review
- Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey Review