It’s Wednesday night and with my corporate travel program, I had just enough miles to qualify for a trip to Pittsburgh. Actually, I had a quick overnight trip to the Burgh for work and found myself in the Ruth’s Chris bar with a little time on my hands. A quick review of the beer menu brought a bottle of local flavor to my attention. I had initially thought about a tried and true Iron City Light but opted instead for a Penn Pilsner, the flagship brand of Pittsburgh’s own, Pennsylvania Brewing Company. Winner of the Gold medal from the National Beverage Tasting Institute in 2001, the Penn Pilsner is an amber Vienna-style lager beer that has a delicate hop aroma. Unfortunately, while it is marketed as smooth, mellow and full-bodied, the bottle that I had lacked flavor and seemed a little flat. I would like to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt as far as turning over their stock, so I am left unimpressed with Penn Brew’s effort. I would give it a C.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Global Commercial Soft-Serve Machines Market with Impact of COVID-19 Highlights (2020-2024) | Growing Inclination toward Frozen Yogurts to Boost Market Growth | Technavio
- Waitr Announces Management Appointments
- The Kraft Heinz Company to Report Second Quarter 2020 Results on July 30, 2020, and Hold Investor Day September 15, 2020
- Ruth’s Hospitality Group, Inc. Announces Mike O’Donnell’s Retirement As Executive Chair
- Del Taco Restaurants, Inc. to Announce Fiscal Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results on July 23, 2020
- Paris Baguette Strengthens West Coast Presence and Expands To Oregon
- ARBA Retail Systems – COVID-19 Contactless POS Solutions
- Dogfish Head Covered in Nuggs IPA Review
- A Review of Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
- Book Review – Which Fork Do I Use With My Bourbon?
- A LIVE East Coast / West Coast Tasting of Arbeg Wee Beastie
- A Review of Jameson Cold Brew
- A Review of Double Nickel Nocturnal Creatures Imperial Dessert Stout
- A Review of Square One Organic Sparkling Vodka Cocktails