It’s Wednesday night and with my corporate travel program, I had just enough miles to qualify for a trip to Pittsburgh. Actually, I had a quick overnight trip to the Burgh for work and found myself in the Ruth’s Chris bar with a little time on my hands. A quick review of the beer menu brought a bottle of local flavor to my attention. I had initially thought about a tried and true Iron City Light but opted instead for a Penn Pilsner, the flagship brand of Pittsburgh’s own, Pennsylvania Brewing Company. Winner of the Gold medal from the National Beverage Tasting Institute in 2001, the Penn Pilsner is an amber Vienna-style lager beer that has a delicate hop aroma. Unfortunately, while it is marketed as smooth, mellow and full-bodied, the bottle that I had lacked flavor and seemed a little flat. I would like to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt as far as turning over their stock, so I am left unimpressed with Penn Brew’s effort. I would give it a C.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- General Assembly Pizza and Impossible Foods Kick Off Multi-Channel Relationship With Impossible™ Pizza Launch
- Bar-B-Cutie SmokeHouse Seizes Opportunity With Standard Candy Company and the Nashville Airport
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia Hosts July 4th Block Party
- Starbucks Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- The Un-carrier Spirit Is Now an Actual Spirit. Introducing T-Mobile 5Gin and 5Ginger Beer
- MOD Pizza & Grammy Award-Winner Daya to Provide Grants to Five LGBTQ+ Organizations With “Random Acts of MODness”
- Hyatt Celebrates LGBTQ+ Community with Special Offers and One-of-a-Kind Experiences
- Deep Ellum Brewing Blind Pickle Hard Seltzer Review
- Yebiga “Bela” Serbian Plum Brandy Review
- Episode 15: Gin, Rum, TV, and KIMONO DRAGGIN’: A Visit with Joshua Hatton
- Sun Smash Fruited Hard Seltzer Review
- Friday Night LIVE! Cocktails with Martin Geijer of Geijer Spirits and “Booze Cruise” Author, André Darlington
- Paulaner Grapefruit Radler Review
- A LIVE Booze Chat with Martin Geijer of Geijer Spirits and Author André Darlington