It’s Wednesday night and with my corporate travel program, I had just enough miles to qualify for a trip to Pittsburgh. Actually, I had a quick overnight trip to the Burgh for work and found myself in the Ruth’s Chris bar with a little time on my hands. A quick review of the beer menu brought a bottle of local flavor to my attention. I had initially thought about a tried and true Iron City Light but opted instead for a Penn Pilsner, the flagship brand of Pittsburgh’s own, Pennsylvania Brewing Company. Winner of the Gold medal from the National Beverage Tasting Institute in 2001, the Penn Pilsner is an amber Vienna-style lager beer that has a delicate hop aroma. Unfortunately, while it is marketed as smooth, mellow and full-bodied, the bottle that I had lacked flavor and seemed a little flat. I would like to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt as far as turning over their stock, so I am left unimpressed with Penn Brew’s effort. I would give it a C.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- PAR Technology Corporation Releases Conference Call and Webcast Information for Fiscal 2020 Fourth Quarter & Year End Financial Results
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits Appoints Christina Reed to Vice President & General Manager of Alaska
- SpartanNash Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Ruth’s Hospitality Group, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter With a Return to Positive Net Income
- Our Consolidated Subsidiary, ASUKA Foods Jointly Hosted "WAGYU & MAGURO FESTIVAL 2021" in Thailand
- Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter 2020 Results
- Tamworth Distilling Skiklubben White Mountain Aquavit Review
- Episode 10: The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse
- A LIVE Booze Chat with the Makers of Yebiga Rakija and Boardroom Spirits
- Oskar Blues Oskar’s Lager Review
- Bulleit Barrel Strength Bourbon Batch No. 6 Review
- Double Nickel Brewing The Answer Must Be In The Form Of A Question Review
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society Battle Axe Batch 08 Review