The people at River Horse Brewing Company refer to this beer as their “mild English Ale”. Based upon the bottle that I am drinking right now, I’d say they are very accurate. The beer pours to a copper color with a thin, quickly dissipating head, and is well carbonated, but not overly so. As far as the flavor, this beer leans heavy on the malt, with little to no bitterness. Although the beer improved as it came up to room temperature, I would only give it a rating of C+. It is very reminiscent of the Yards ESA that I reviewed in early July, but I definitely prefer the Yards version (especially if it’s hand pumped!).
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- The Global Alcoholic beverages market is accounted for $1324.1 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $1864.2 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period
- Morro Bay Plans a Progressive Food and Wine Event to Celebrate First Responders
- Santa Margherita Announces National Summer Experiential Tour
- Chelsea Tavern Plays Host to Downtown Wilmington's Beloved Brewfest
- Combat Injured Warriors and Fallen Hero Families Descend over SW Ohio by Parachute to Kick-off Warrior Weekend
- American supermarkets win awards for their wines in international competition