While a Thursday baby shower took place at G-Lo’s, I offered him an estrogen free zone as a refuge. While in the bunker, we split a Gale’s Prize Old Ale. This product is brewed by George Gale & Co Ltd which is now a subsidiary of Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C. (www.fullers.co.uk). This bottle was a 2007 and had a nice pour with a dark, almost chocolate color and good foam. The aroma was fruity with a wine-like quality. I thought so far so good. Unfortunately, this is where it all went wrong. The taste was dreadful. I think it may have been a combination of cut grass and rotten prunes or maybe just gym socks and moldy apricots. Either way the beer was undrinkable, unpalatable and unbelievably bad. Of course, there is the distinct possibility that my local purveyor may have passed along a bottle that wasn’t properly handled. While I would give this beer a D, the average score of a B at the Beer Advocate (www.beeradvocate.com) would suggest that I give this beer another try.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Heaven's Door Spirits Debuts First Limited-Release 10 Year-Old Tennessee Straight Bourbon
- Ultra Pure is Now Shipping its New BotanaSolv™ 200 High Purity Extraction Product from their Current Southern California Warehouse Located in Chino, CA
- ZD Wines Opens Contemporary, Renovated Vineyard View Tasting Room and Deck
- Famed Brewmaster Keith Villa Launches CERIA Grainwave Belgian-Style De-Alcoholized White Ale Infused with THC; New Cannabis Beer Rolls Out in Mid-December
- Brockmans Gin Introduces New Festive Winter Cocktails To Celebrate The Season In Style
- Wine.com Releases 2018 Wine.com 100
- A Tasting at the Isle of Skye Brewing Company on the Isle of Skye
- Beer Review – Iron Hill Brewery Dubble Danke
- A Visit to the Newly Expanded Boardroom Spirits Distillery and Tasting Room
- Pour Yourself A Picture Perfect Pint of Guinness With YOUR Picture On It
- Beer Review – Maine Beer Company Woods and Waters