While a Thursday baby shower took place at G-Lo’s, I offered him an estrogen free zone as a refuge. While in the bunker, we split a Gale’s Prize Old Ale. This product is brewed by George Gale & Co Ltd which is now a subsidiary of Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C. (www.fullers.co.uk). This bottle was a 2007 and had a nice pour with a dark, almost chocolate color and good foam. The aroma was fruity with a wine-like quality. I thought so far so good. Unfortunately, this is where it all went wrong. The taste was dreadful. I think it may have been a combination of cut grass and rotten prunes or maybe just gym socks and moldy apricots. Either way the beer was undrinkable, unpalatable and unbelievably bad. Of course, there is the distinct possibility that my local purveyor may have passed along a bottle that wasn’t properly handled. While I would give this beer a D, the average score of a B at the Beer Advocate (www.beeradvocate.com) would suggest that I give this beer another try.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- TravelCenters of America Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
- The St. Joe Company Releases the Summer/Fall Issue of “Watersound Lifestyle,” the Watersound Club Member Magazine
- Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival Presented by Capital One Returns Live to New York City This Fall
- Church’s Chicken® To Be Acquired by High Bluff Capital Partners and Investment Funds Managed by FS Investments
- MidOcean Partners Acquires Louisiana Fish Fry, a Leading Branded Flavor and Seasonings Platform
- Mic Drop: Bojangles Launches All-New Bo’s Chicken Sandwich
- PAR Technology Corporation Releases Conference Call and Webcast Information for Fiscal 2021 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Davidson Reserve Tennessee Whiskey Review
- Wawa + 2SP Brewing Sunfest Review
- Mionetto Prosecco Rosé Review
- Detroit City Distillery Summer Rum Review
- Episode 16: Catching Up On a Summer Day [or “How We Learned to Love DEET!”]
- Blue Chair Bay Rum & Tipsy Scoop Ice Cream Collaboration Review
- Jefferson’s Single Barrel No. 125 for Friendship Wine & Liquor Review