While a Thursday baby shower took place at G-Lo’s, I offered him an estrogen free zone as a refuge. While in the bunker, we split a Gale’s Prize Old Ale. This product is brewed by George Gale & Co Ltd which is now a subsidiary of Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C. (www.fullers.co.uk). This bottle was a 2007 and had a nice pour with a dark, almost chocolate color and good foam. The aroma was fruity with a wine-like quality. I thought so far so good. Unfortunately, this is where it all went wrong. The taste was dreadful. I think it may have been a combination of cut grass and rotten prunes or maybe just gym socks and moldy apricots. Either way the beer was undrinkable, unpalatable and unbelievably bad. Of course, there is the distinct possibility that my local purveyor may have passed along a bottle that wasn’t properly handled. While I would give this beer a D, the average score of a B at the Beer Advocate (www.beeradvocate.com) would suggest that I give this beer another try.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Talk About A Fun Mix: The Makers Of SMIRNOFF™ Vodka Partner With Ted Danson, Jenna Fischer, Jonathan Van Ness, Nicole Byer And Laverne Cox To Show That You Don't Need A Lot To Have A Good Time
- Federico Lombardo Di Monte Iato of Firriato Elected to the Board of Consorzio Di Tutela Della DOC Dei Vini dell'Etna
- Auction of Washington Wines Exceeds Fundraising Goal at 31st Annual Charitable Wine Events, Raising $4.1 Million
- Columbia Winery Reaches Million Dollar Milestone for Seattle Children's Hospital
- Velas Resorts Serves Up Avocado Craft Cocktails for Guacamania
- InventHelp Inventors Develops Specialized Hand Truck for Beer Kegs (TPA-2663)
- A #BoozyChat About Port Askaig with Chris Maybin and Oliver Chilton of Specialty Drinks Ltd.
- A Tasting at the Murder Table, Episode 3: A Review of Bom Bom Fully Baked
- Coming Soon: Iron Hill Center City
- Whisky Review – Port Askaig 8 Year Old
- A #BoozyChat with Greg Swartz, Director of The Water of Life – A Whisky Film