While a Thursday baby shower took place at G-Lo’s, I offered him an estrogen free zone as a refuge. While in the bunker, we split a Gale’s Prize Old Ale. This product is brewed by George Gale & Co Ltd which is now a subsidiary of Fuller, Smith & Turner P.L.C. (www.fullers.co.uk). This bottle was a 2007 and had a nice pour with a dark, almost chocolate color and good foam. The aroma was fruity with a wine-like quality. I thought so far so good. Unfortunately, this is where it all went wrong. The taste was dreadful. I think it may have been a combination of cut grass and rotten prunes or maybe just gym socks and moldy apricots. Either way the beer was undrinkable, unpalatable and unbelievably bad. Of course, there is the distinct possibility that my local purveyor may have passed along a bottle that wasn’t properly handled. While I would give this beer a D, the average score of a B at the Beer Advocate (www.beeradvocate.com) would suggest that I give this beer another try.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- FCPT Announces Acquisition of a Pathway Vet Alliance Property for $1.8 Million
- The Duckhorn Portfolio to Report Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results on June 7, 2021
- Yelp to Participate in the J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Communications Conference
- Ark Restaurants Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter of 2021
- Dough Wines Announces Inaugural Class of Ambassadors
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Brown-Forman Statement
- Jack in the Box Names New Chief Operating Officer
- DRNXMYTH Ready-To-Drink Cocktails Review
- Dubliner Whiskey & Honeycomb Review
- A Trio of Perrin Brewing IPAs Reviewed
- 503 Distilling I’m Your Huckleberry Lemonade Review
- Which Drink Pairs Best with Mackie’s Haggis and Black Pepper Crisps: Irn Bru, Tea, or Ardbeg Wee Beastie?
- Episode 13: The Rum Show!
- Dogfish Head Cherry Bergamot Whiskey Sour Review