On December 8th, I posted a review of the Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale. The first bottle I reviewed was 5 months past its “Sell By” date. At that time I gave this beer a B+. Thanks to The Wookie, I was able to sample a much fresher version on New Year’s Eve. While the December 8th pour was a bit cloudy and had very little head, last night’s was much clearer and had a rapidly rising head that lingered for a really long time. As far as the flavor, the citrus notes were much more vibrant and the hop finish was even more pronounced. Gonna have to upgrade this beer to a very solid A. I guess those freshness dates really do mean something!
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A LIVE Whisky Chat with the Founders of Faer Isles Distillery
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society Cask No. 55.57 (aka Digging Up Ginger) Review
- Cape May Brewing Tan Limes Review
- An Evening with ImpEx Beverages in Support of the Hospitality Industry
- Blackadder Raw Cask Peat Reek Review
- Bavik Super Pils Review
- Milk & Honey Distillery Levantine Gin Review