And how does this word relate to whisky? I guess it depends on what you like your whisky to taste and smell like. Although I enjoy all that Scotland has to offer with regards to whisky, I am perpetually drawn to Islay (guess I’m a sucker for a smoky dram). I’ve had the opportunity to sample Ardbeg on several occasions, but it wasn’t till I tried a 6 year old, “for discussion purposes only” expression that it really captured my attention. Since I enjoyed this very rare expression so much, I thought I’d pick up a bottle of the 10 year old. It’s both highly rated by the Malt Advocate (John Hansell gave it a 93) and relatively affordable ($46 for a 750ml bottle). I think this whisky is very approachable when compared to other Islays. The Ardbeg 10 definitely has the signature smoky flavor of a classic Islay, but it’s not as overpowering as something like a Laphroaig 10 (aka Kingsford per Limpd), and at 46% ABV, it’s also exceptionally smooth. I highly recommend this whisky and give it a solid A.
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at email@example.com!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Bloomin’ Brands Announces Board of Directors Changes
- Most Americans Not Very Comfortable Returning to Restaurants, Retail Stores and Hotels for Next Three Months, Survey Shows
- Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Completes Merger, Creating a Premier Sports, Entertainment and Media Enterprise Centered on the World’s Largest Source of Professional Football Information
- Vie-Del Company to Acquire the Concentrate and High-Color Concentrate Business Lines From Constellation Brands
- Beyond the Boycott: Pernod Ricard Calls on Brands to Engage With Consumers to Stop Hate Speech Online
- NRF Chief Economist Says Pandemic Recession Could Already Be Easing But ‘No One Has a Crystal Ball’
- Onda, a Spirits Brand for a New Generation of Drinkers, Launches with Sparkling Tequila
- Book Review – Which Fork Do I Use With My Bourbon?
- A LIVE East Coast / West Coast Tasting of Arbeg Wee Beastie
- A Review of Jameson Cold Brew
- A Review of Double Nickel Nocturnal Creatures Imperial Dessert Stout
- A Review of Square One Organic Sparkling Vodka Cocktails
- An East Coast / West Coast Review of California Falernum PLUS A Couple of Cocktails
- A LIVE WhiskyChat with Robin Robinson, Author of The Complete Whiskey Course