And how does this word relate to whisky? I guess it depends on what you like your whisky to taste and smell like. Although I enjoy all that Scotland has to offer with regards to whisky, I am perpetually drawn to Islay (guess I’m a sucker for a smoky dram). I’ve had the opportunity to sample Ardbeg on several occasions, but it wasn’t till I tried a 6 year old, “for discussion purposes only” expression that it really captured my attention. Since I enjoyed this very rare expression so much, I thought I’d pick up a bottle of the 10 year old. It’s both highly rated by the Malt Advocate (John Hansell gave it a 93) and relatively affordable ($46 for a 750ml bottle). I think this whisky is very approachable when compared to other Islays. The Ardbeg 10 definitely has the signature smoky flavor of a classic Islay, but it’s not as overpowering as something like a Laphroaig 10 (aka Kingsford per Limpd), and at 46% ABV, it’s also exceptionally smooth. I highly recommend this whisky and give it a solid A.
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Heaven's Door Spirits Debuts First Limited-Release 10 Year-Old Tennessee Straight Bourbon
- Ultra Pure is Now Shipping its New BotanaSolv™ 200 High Purity Extraction Product from their Current Southern California Warehouse Located in Chino, CA
- ZD Wines Opens Contemporary, Renovated Vineyard View Tasting Room and Deck
- Famed Brewmaster Keith Villa Launches CERIA Grainwave Belgian-Style De-Alcoholized White Ale Infused with THC; New Cannabis Beer Rolls Out in Mid-December
- Brockmans Gin Introduces New Festive Winter Cocktails To Celebrate The Season In Style
- Wine.com Releases 2018 Wine.com 100
- A Tasting at the Isle of Skye Brewing Company on the Isle of Skye
- Beer Review – Iron Hill Brewery Dubble Danke
- A Visit to the Newly Expanded Boardroom Spirits Distillery and Tasting Room
- Pour Yourself A Picture Perfect Pint of Guinness With YOUR Picture On It
- Beer Review – Maine Beer Company Woods and Waters