The above photo, which was created by Jon of the Pastrami Basket blog for our 4th Blogiversary, is what the fourth year of “It’s just the booze dancing…” was all about, i.e. collaboration and making connections. While there were plenty of beer and whisky review posts this year, there were also numerous occasions when we had the opportunity to either meet up with other bloggers or have them help us out with a post.
Here are just a few of the collaborative things that happened over the past twelve months:
- Enlisted the aid of The Alemonger so that we could figure out The Best Way to Enjoy Branca Menta.
- Spent some time drinking Suntory whisky at the Noguchi Museum with The Whisky Woman, The Coopered Tot, and one of The Malt Imposters.
- Talked about Craft Beer with Ed of The Dogs of Beer blog and Patrick of the Crafty and The Beast blog at the 2013 Philly Beer Week Opening Tap.
- Tried our best to start a nationwide Pub Crawl inspired by the Simon Pegg / Nick Frost film “The World’s End”. Though we were never able to get this project off the ground, it at least gave us the opportunity to work with our friend John of The Droid You’re Looking For blog.
- Once again enlisted Mrs. G-LO to review a positively forgettable beer in under 64 words.
- Reached out to our fellow bloggers in order to determine the best way to use a plethora of Limoncello.
- Got the ungettable thanks to a fellow Philly Craft Beer aficionado via a brief Twitter chat.
- Formulated a Boozy Shake recipe that was inspired by a #WhiskyFabric Twitter chat.
- With the help of Limpd, we determined that we should definitely be drinking more Rum, especially when they’re as interesting as Papa’s Pilar.
- Crowdsourced reviews of the 2013 Whisky Jewbilee and the 2013 Philadelphia Single Malt and Scotch Whisky Extravaganza.
- Contributed to the “I Think About Beer” Thanksgiving Craft Beer post.
- Recruited not one, but TWO new bloggers that will hopefully contribute often, i.e. Aaron and The Alemonger.
- With the help of Limpd, we had ourselves a Porter-Palooza.
- Shared a double leg takedown of a whisky with Dr. Joe.
- Acquired a sample of a fabulous Japanese blended whisky thanks to the help of our dear friend The Whisky Woman.
- Determined the importance of Bitters in an Old-Fashioned Cocktail with the help of Limpd.
- Discovered the connection between Stephen King’s The Shining and whisky thanks to Jon of the Pastrami Basket blog.
- Sampled a wide variety of whisky during a Disney Cruise thanks to the generosity of Aaron and Limpd.
- Took part in not one, not two, but three WhiskyCast Virtual Tastings.
As you can see, it’s been an interesting and fun filled year on the “It’s the just booze dancing…” blog. Once again, we’d like to thank all of our friends and loyal readers for keeping us inspired throughout the year. We couldn’t do this without you. Cheers to all of you!
Categories: Booze Banter