This week’s news post is all about us…
The WhiskyLIVE NYC WhiskyCast Virtual Tasting Is Online!
Last Wednesday I posted my review of the 2013 WhiskyLIVE NYC. If you managed to make it to the end of my review, then you already know that I took part in a WhiskyCast Virtual Tasting along with our good friend Miracle Max, Susannah Skiver Barton of the What Tastes Good blog, Ian Chang of Taiwan’s King Car Distillery (makers of Kavalan whisky), Hana Choi of the Style Fare blog, and Hana’s husband Olaf Asprink. Five of us were incredibly eloquent, and one of us was a slurring and babbling mess. If you want to figure out which panelist had a bit too much to drink (hint: they suggested fruiting up a whisky), click here to listen to the podcast on the WhiskyCast website. Please let us know your findings in the comments below.
Beertographer of the Week
As some of you already know, I’m a bit of an Instagram addict, and two of my favorite things to photograph are Craft Beer and Whisky. Our buddy John Kleinchester runs the Beertography blog and has featured several of my Instagram photos on his website over the past year and a half.
Two weeks ago, John sent me an email and asked if I would like to be featured as his next “Beertographer of the Week”. Since I was incredibly flattered by his offer, I of course said yes! Click here to visit John’s blog, and to find out why I enjoy Beertography so much.
“It’s just the booze dancing…” Turns Three!
Much like year two of “It’s just the booze dancing…”, year three has been booze infused and action packed! In addition to the usual beer and whiskey reviews, here is a list of some of the other things that we’ve experienced and shared with you over the past twelve months…
- Found out that there’s a bigger and bolder Guinness out there
- Discussed the merits of the Dogfish Head Randall Jr.
- Attended our first NYC whisky event
- Helped recover the Philly Beer Week Hammer of Glory.
- Celebrated Ardbeg Day
- Discovered that Old Engine Oil does NOT come out of a car or a locomotive
- Learned the fine art of trading whisky samples
- Spent some time with the family in Maine and even got to do a bit of beer hunting
- Acquired a much sought after Craft Beer through the magic of Twitter
- We were interviewed by our good friend The Whisky Woman
- Were paid a visit by The Green Fairy
- Paid tribute to The Whisky Dog
- Visited the Emerald Isle with the family
- Attended a Philly Whisky event
- Purchased a very special Christmas present
- Built a bar
- Crafted some crafts, ate a lot of food, drank a lot of booze, and spent some quality time with friends
- Created the Pamplemousse Maltées
- Prepared for Armageddon
- Made friends with Canadia via a whisky trade
- Discovered a great way to “get your drink on” at work without getting caught
- Took the Weekly Photo Challenge
- Determined that the Department of Justice likes Craft Beer
- Reluctantly reviewed a restaurant
- Met some local celebrities and tried some delicious cocktails
- Learned the secrets of a great bar tour
- Earned a spot on the Mexican Cartels “Most Wanted” list
- Took part in the first ever #FlashMobBlog Whisky Review
- FINALLY made it to a WhiskyLIVE event
As you can see, it’s been a very busy year, and the fact that our livers still function (as far as we know) is a complete miracle!
Thanks to all of you for tolerating yet another year of our booze infused nonsense, and for making this whole blogging adventure an incredibly good time. And please let us know in the comments below what you’d like to see more of over the next twelve months.We’d love to hear your ideas!
Categories: Brew and Booze News
Congrats on being the Beertographer of the Week!
Happy to have you and happy blogging birthday!
Thanks John! Greatly appreciate all your support.
Congrats to your selection. I like drinking it a little too much to properly focus on photographing it. But, you sir, deserve a hearty “Well Done”! And, congratulations on a great Year 3. I’m looking forward to another year of frothy fun.
Many thanks! I’m looking forward to year 4 too. Let’s see what kind of nonsense we can cook up.
3 years! Sounds like a good reason for a Frothy Friday!!
Or at the very least, a Sudsy Saturday!
The Frenchers of St. Germaine and their coconspirators over at the French Laundry and Cirque de Solél perpetrated international offenses of malodorous behavior in not recognizing the brilliance of your Pamplemousse!!
You guys get 100% of the credit for inspiring me to get back to work with all of your great work.
Cheers and Patinkinry!!
Yes yes! The St Germaine snubbed me, but at least they inspired me to try my hand at cocktails. So I’ll consider it a semi-win.
Happy to hear that we motivated you some. It only took 3 years! Once again, welcome back to the blogosphere!
Congrats on another year guys!! I’m looking forward to what the next year brings. And congrats on being the beertographer of the week! The pictures are really great!!
You are too kind Ed! Thank you!
Congrats on 3 years and being Beertographer of the week!
Thanks! It’s gone by sooooo quickly! I’m still surprised that we’re still chugging along.