On December 8th, I posted a review of the Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale. The first bottle I reviewed was 5 months past its “Sell By” date. At that time I gave this beer a B+. Thanks to The Wookie, I was able to sample a much fresher version on New Year’s Eve. While the December 8th pour was a bit cloudy and had very little head, last night’s was much clearer and had a rapidly rising head that lingered for a really long time. As far as the flavor, the citrus notes were much more vibrant and the hop finish was even more pronounced. Gonna have to upgrade this beer to a very solid A. I guess those freshness dates really do mean something!
Join 2,531 other followers
Thanks for paying us a visit! We welcome your comments, so feel free to leave one. We also welcome your emails.
Contact us at email@example.com!
Some legal stuff…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Widow Jane American Oak Aged Rye Whiskey Review
- Revanche Cognac Review
- Ole Smoky Amaretto Whiskey Review + The Godfather Cocktail
- A Potluck Happy Hour w/ André Darlington, Author of Bar Menu
- Knob Creek 9 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye Distiller’s Edition Review
- Aberlour A’bunadh Alba Batch #5 Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Review